Sunday, July 17, 2011

Del Sol-Electrick!

Del Sol is a brand of nail polish that changes in the sun.  When UV rays hit the polish, the color changes from the bottle color to a color distinguished by a sticker on the bottle.  Electrick! is a frosty blue that is supposed to turn to a teal-ish green in the sun.  As you can see from the photos, the color doesn't change very much.  It just changes ever so slightly more green in the sun.  These photos are two coats, no topcoat.

artificial light
artificial light
sun
sun
As you can see, the color change is very subtle, but it's definitely there.  I like the sun color a bit more just because I'm not the biggest fan of frosty baby blues.  This color is WAY frosty.  It's almost impossible to get a flawless application because every brush stroke shows on the nail.

What do you think of color changing nail polishes?

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty polish! Super frosty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think color changing polishes are awesome! I think they're great for summer haha. I've got Del Sol Ruby Slippers & Superhero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the idea of color changing is super cool I bought one a while back and have not tried it yet but I'm going to try to tomorow you've inspired me to do so lol this color IS vey frosty! Ya know I never knew that's why I don't like frosty colors, it makes sense now lol

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment from all of you! However, please refrain from link spamming me. If you comment, I will most likely check out your blog, but if you drop links here, I will delete the comment. I don't think it's fair to my other readers to have to deal with a bunch of links in my comments, which is why I moderate all comments. That being said, I welcome any and all comments about this blog, and I truly appreciate everyone who comes here to read <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...