Tuesday, May 3, 2011

my first attempt at water marbling!

So...I decided that I would bite the bullet and try my hand at some water marbling.  I practiced first on some color wheel nails and decided that I had gotten to the point where I figured I wouldn't mess up too badly on myself.  The colors I used were: Sinful Colors- Mint Candy Apple, China Glaze- Shower Together, Sally Hansen- Lacey Lilac.






The first picture is of my left hand, the second is of my right (not quite as cool), and the third is of the ring, middle and pointer finger of my left hand.

I really like the overall effect of water marbling, but I think I need more practice...I made a huge mess of my fingers in the process.  It took me forever to get all the polish off of my skin afterward.  I also need some practice in getting the nails to look more similar to each other.  As you can tell from the last picture, my pointer finger turned out a lot differently than the rest of my fingers.  Also, my right hand was a lot more muddy than my left.

I'm going to try my hand at more water marbling with different color combinations.  I figure I'll use some of my cheaper polishes that don't apply so well for marbling, and that way they won't go to waste :)

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great! And much more succesful than my first attempt which was horrible! Haha

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment from all of you! However, please refrain from link spamming me. If you comment, I will most likely check out your blog, but if you drop links here, I will delete the comment. I don't think it's fair to my other readers to have to deal with a bunch of links in my comments, which is why I moderate all comments. That being said, I welcome any and all comments about this blog, and I truly appreciate everyone who comes here to read <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...